May 2010 - Signals from the Felizardo's experiment
From ALLab Signals
Each text file from bioPlux contains 10 columns (see Data Format).
The experimental installation consists of a wireless physiological data acquisition system bioPlux (Plux, 2008), which is connected to a triaxial accelerometer, xyzPlux; an ECG sensor, ecgPlux; two sensors of electro-dermal activity, edaPlux; a peripheral temperature sensor, tempPlux; and an electromyography sensor, emgPlux. The acquisition system, bioPlux, was secured to the left side of the user’s waist. The sensors connected to it were arranged as shown in Figure 1, that is, according to the ECG lead placement protocol, the three ECG leads were placed in the horizontal plane precordial position (V3, V4, V5); peripheral body temperature was measured by placing the temperature sensor in the axillary region on the left side; triaxial accelerometry was collected by placing the accelerometer sensor in the supra-inguinal region on the right side; the two electro dermal activity (EDA) sensors were placed on the abdomen and on the left hand (index and middle fingers); and the electro myography (EMG) sensor in the right rectus femoral (anterior thigh muscle).
Exercise Plan For men, walking velocity was defined as 5.8 km/h and for women it was set to 5.1 km/h. The three running velocities levels for men were 8.4 km/h, 10.3 km/h, 11.6 km/h and for women were 7.7 km/h, 9 km/h, 10.3 km/h. The duration of each exercise step was five minutes, interspersed with a period of 1 to 3 minutes for recovery.
- Data acquisition system: bioPlux research (1000 Hz, 12 bits)
- Sensor: triaxial accelerometer, xyzPlux (measuring range ± 3g); ECG sensor (ECG triodes), ecgPlux (Gain: 1000, band-pass: 0.05 Hz - 30 Hz, common-mode rejection ratio (CMRR): 110 dB); two sensors of electro-dermal activity, edaPlux (low-pass: 3 Hz); a peripheral temperature sensor, tempPlux (0 °C - 100 °C ± 1.5%); and an electromyography sensor, emgPlux (Gain: 1000, band-pass: 25 Hz - 500 Hz, CMRR: 110 dB).
Data is presented in a column-formatted text file. The relevant columns are:
- column 3 - x axes of accelerometer (vertical axes);
- column 4 - y axes of accelerometer (medial-lateral axes);
- column 5 - z axes of accelerometer (anterior-posterior axes );
- column 6 - EMG;
- column 7 - ECG;
- column 8 - EDA (hand);
- column 9 - EDA (abdomen);
- column 10 - Skin temperature.
Author / Source
- this data was collected as part of the research work for the MSc dissertation in Electrotechnical and Computer Engineering, subject “Validação do acelerómetro xyzPlux para estimação do Gasto Energético com aquisição de diversos parâmetros fisiológicos" (UBI, October 2010)